Do you believe that God has called you to be a prophetic intercessor?
Intercessory prayer is simply praying on behalf of others, and when combined with a prophetic gift, it can be powerful.
Prophetic prayer occurs when we pray with insights (prophetic revelation) received from the Holy Spirit. We can receive these ideas during prayer or pray about the revelation we have already received.
We can all pray prophetically. However, a prophetic intercessor is not only equipped with the Spirit's vision, the prophetic intercessor becomes the vessel through which the Spirit himself prays.
“So also the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We don't know why we should pray, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with silent groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the people of God according to the will of God.” (Rom 8:26-27)
Intercessory Prophetic Prayer Ministry
“I looked for someone among them who would build the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so that I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one.” (Ezekiel 22:30)
Anna is a biblical example of a prophetic intercessor. He devoted years to his God-given assignment to pray in the temple, which resulted in the birth of Jesus the Messiah. (Luke 2:36-38)
It is often said that not all intercessors are prophets; however, all prophets are called to intercede. And in the Bible, we see specific examples of those in prophetic office taking time to intercede for those people and situations in which they ministered. 
So if you have a prophetic calling, I encourage you to read and be inspired by the list in this article, even if you don't see yourself as a prophetic intercessor.
The following are some of the signs I have observed (and personally experienced) in those who have received a call to the ministry of prophetic intercession.The first three signs are common to all those who have a vocation to the ministry of prayer:
- Youbelieve that God has called you to prayand you love to pray more than most people
- Yougive great value to prayerand sometimes I wonder why (or get frustrated when) other people don't share
- You've seen meaningful answers to your prayers.
Specific Signs Related to a Gift of Prophetic Prayer of Intercession
If you are called into the ministry of a prophetic intercessor, you will find that it relates to some or many of the following additional things:
- you tend to praymostsometimeswhen you feel prompted by the Holy Spirit(you may know this as a prayer 'burden').
- Prayer is easy for you when you feel the Holy Spirit has given you a specific burden or task. Although,find it harder to pray when people assign prayer as a chore, or give you lists and times to pray (unless you feel drawn by the Spirit to do so). In the past, you may have been intimidated by those who are "task intercessors" who happily spend hours praying over lists.  However, God is calling you to embrace your unique gift and calling and see it as He does: highly valuable and powerful.
- Youreceive revelation from the Holy Ghost about what to pray and how to pray🇧🇷 You may receive prophetic insights into the situation you are praying for, to overcome, or to pray for more.
- you can be morespontaneous in the expression of his gift of prayerthan others who have the gift of prayer.
- Do you have anstrong sense of intimacy with the Holy Spirit when you pray— and that fuels your prayer life.
- work is familiar—a sense of accomplishing God's purposes—and you may have experienced wordless groaning or crying in your prayer times. In this, you can identify with Hannah (1 Samuel 1:10-13) and Elijah, who prayed for rain in the position of childbirth (1 Kings 18:41-44).
- You don't always need to have specific knowledge about what you're praying for.Sometimes you pray in the realm of 'mystery'🇧🇷 (1 Cor 14,2) It is enough for you to know that the Spirit has called you to prayer.
- When you have a prayer assignment,it may appear that you are personally involvedand invested in the situation. You may feel a sense of identification in the Spirit with those you are praying for. You can feel what they are feeling, or feel God's heart for them, like compassion, pain, or mercy.
- Do you know the 'secret place' of prayer🇧🇷 Your prayer life is often hidden and sometimes not understood or appreciated by people. However, his reward is found in the Presence of God.
(As with all prophetic gifts and ministries, the ministry of prophetic intercession flourishes in the local church community and benefits from oversight. It is tempting for those with a prophetic prayer ministry to isolate themselves, especially if they feel misunderstood.)
- you experience adeep sense of satisfaction in prayer—especially being in the right place at the right time to fulfill a God-given assignment to pray for a person, group, region, or situation.
- Youcan be sent by God to be in certain places at specific timesintercede on behalf of a situation, person or region, especially if you are a prophet-intercessor operating in a "prophetic office" ministry.
- Your journey has been lonely at times🇧🇷 Even those around you who love to pray don't always understand the dynamics of prophetic intercessory prayer. You may have experienced some unusual manifestations of the Holy Spirit while praying (Rom 8:26-27) that others don't understand. (Note: It is very important that we focus on the fruit of prayer and the message of prayer, rather than the manifestations, when communicating with others.)
- One of its challenges has beenlearn to fully release the burden of the Spirit in prayer- don't get attached to it. You also had to learn not to personalize or get attached to the emotion that identification can sometimes bring with it (point 11).
- Youprefer prayer meetings that have space to listen and be led by the Holy Spirit in prayer.
(Note: This does not mean that other types of prayer meetings are wrong; we must always honor those who lead prayer meetings, regardless of their culture, methods, or emphasis. They are not wrong, they are just different from us.)
The 'Prophet-Intercessor' is one who has a fivefold ministry of office as a prophet (Ephesians 4:11-13), and who also has a primary calling and gift of intercessory prayer.As mentioned in #14 above, a prophet-intercessor may be placed or sent by God to specific locations to pray and make prophetic utterances.
A prophet who is an intercessor will have a higher level of authority in prayer and prophetic ministry than a prophetic intercessor. He or she can be used of God to minister through prophecy and intercessory prayer in important areas, which may include nations or regions, governments, education, business, and religious movements.
Is intercessory prayer a spiritual gift?
It is prophetic intercession, or prayer of intercession,a spiritual gift🇧🇷 I personally believe so. The prophetic intercessor is graced and anointed to pray.One way to look at this is to see the prophetic prayer of intercession as an expression of the prophetic gift.
Our God, who created the snowflake and the fingerprint, gives gifts to His people in many unique ways. Those of us who are prophetic intercessors know that when we find others who have a similar calling, we find someone from our own "tribe."
Intercessory prayer is an important ministry, and eternity will reveal the fruit and power of the hidden work of prophetic intercession.
 Some examples: Moses intercedes for Israel (Exodus 34,8-9), Daniel for the Jews (Daniel 9,3-19), Jeremiah for Jerusalem (Jeremiah 14,20-21) and Elijah prayed for the drought he suffered. prophesied to begin and end (James 5:17-18)
 For information on the different gifts of prayer, I recommendIntercessors discover the power of their prayer, forFEMRITA, T; ALVÉS, E; KAUFMAN, K. 2000. Ventura: Regal.
Prayer warriors! Open the School of Intimacy and Prayer
When I first began experiencing a significant anointing of the Holy Spirit for prophetic prayer 20 years ago, I didn't know how to navigate many of the encounters with God I was having.
I've seen miracles and breakthroughs in answer to prayer, but I've also made mistakes and suffered a lot as a prophetic intercessor.
Since then, I have been a prayer leader, ministered on a prophetic team, and, by the grace of God, developed in ministry as a prophetic writer and teacher.
I am now passionate about helping others on the same path I took. And this week, a long-cherished dream came true.
Currently, at the School of Prayer, there are individualized video classes on:
- Intimacy with the Holy Spirit
- Introduction to prophetic prayer
- Praying the Mysteries of Heaven
- The Gift and Ministry of Prophetic Intercession
- angels and encounters
- Mini Bonus Ebook on Prophetic Dreams
More help for prophetic intercessors:
Prophetic Intercession, Its Power and Pitfalls
8 Signs You Might Have a Gift of Prophecy
8 tips for personal lawyers
© 2016 Helen Calder – Enliven Ministries: Family of David McCracken Ministries